Tortilla chips and vibrant veggies add a satisfying crunch to this bright, fresh, Crunchy Air Fryer Chicken Salad. It’s easy to prepare and perfect for a filling and delicious lunch or dinner!
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes
1 pound Do Good Chicken boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground fennel
1 tablespoon + ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
⅓ cup olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
4 cups packed, chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup crushed pita chips
1 cup sliced cucumber
½ cup thinly sliced radish
2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Grease basket.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, ground fennel, and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs and 2 tablespoons mustard.
- Dredge chicken tenders in flour, dip in egg mixture, and press into breadcrumbs mixture to coat.
- In batches to avoid crowding, arrange battered chicken in a single layer in an air-fryer basket. Cook, flipping halfway through, for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Slice chicken into smaller pieces.
- In another small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, remaining mustard, remaining salt, and pepper until blended.
- In a large bowl, toss sliced fennel, lettuce, pita chips, cucumber, radish, fennel fronds, mint, and dressing until coated.
- Transfer salad to a large serving plate and top with chicken.
Tip: This dish is also delicious topped with sliced avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, and/or crumbled goat cheese!